Viesearch staff is committed to upholding the highest level of respect for your privacy and will not tolerate any violations thereof. In order to promote safety, all members, editors, and staff are required to read and comply with this policy.
In the event that we receive any complaints, we will conduct a thorough investigation and fully cooperate with authorities. Any violations of this policy will result in immediate suspension of the associated account and removal of all related data.
Information we collect
· When conducting a search on Viesearch, we store the keyword and timestamp anonymously, without any personally identifiable information attached. Therefore, we are unable to determine the identity of any user who conducts a search for any specific keyword.
· When you submit a website to our search engine, you voluntarily provide us with information such as the website's title, description, and URL. Upon approval, we may categorize your website and create a thumbnail preview image using a screenshot. If you do not provide a custom title and description, we may use the html title and meta description tags. Your meta keywords may also be used to categorize your listing.
· When you register an account with us, you voluntarily provide certain information such as your chosen username, name, email, avatar image, and password of your choice. We encrypt your password using a one-way double hash that even we cannot reverse to ensure the security of your personal information.
· When you visit Viesearch, our traffic log will only store your session ID, the URL you requested, and the time. In case the URL includes a search term or keyword, it will be removed from the URL before being stored in our log system. No personal identifiable information is attached to these data points, and we cannot use them to identify any individual user.
What we do with information we collect
· We use search keyword/time data to show popular and trending searches made using Viesearch.
· We use website submission data to create a separate listing for every URL added to our search engine. This information is also then made available in our search results after manual review.
· Once you become a member you are given the choice to subscribe to various alerts. These alerts can be turned on or off in your Viesearch account at anytime. Every email we send contains an unsubscribe link at the bottom. The unsubscribe link instantly removes you from any and ALL mailings.
· We use our traffic log data to help protect our search engine service from abusive automated traffic. During times of high network load, or repeated loading of a specific URL, in order to maintain our service, we may automatically rate limit visitors and/or crawlers and/or bots using this data.
How long we keep your information
We keep your information only so long as we need it to provide Viesearch to you and fulfill the purposes described in this policy. When we no longer need to use your information and there is no need for us to keep it to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, we'll either remove it from our systems or depersonalize it so that we can't identify you.
· Search keyword/time information is automatically erased after 1 year, every minute.
· You may modify or erase your website submission information at any time by clicking the appropriate "Edit" or "Delete" links found on your editor profile. You may download your website submission data at any time by clicking the "Download your website submission data" link found at the bottom of your account settings page.
· You may modify your account at any time by clicking the "Settings" link found at the top right of any page once signed in. You may download your account data at any time by clicking the "Download your account data" link found at the bottom of your account settings page. You may erase your account and all associated data at any time by clicking the "Remove your account" link found at the bottom of your account settings page, or by clicking the unsubscribe/removal link found at the bottom of any email we send. Please use these removal links with caution. Removal cannot be undone.
· Our traffic log automatically erases entries older than 30 days, every minute.
If you need to contact us after reading our help
section, please use the contact
option found at the top of this site. Sending email directly is not always the fastest route and may go unnoticed.